Connecting to line of business applications is a very important step. Images, transactions, batches and corresponding data must transmit seamlessly and exception free so as to maximize investment. Line of business applications and knowledge workers should not be slowed down as a result of a poor capture process. Furthermore, minimizing exception processes reduces the dependency on custom written code within the line of business application that often is expensive and inflexible. By implementing the right capture process with an emphasis on quality, early deployment of recognition, and the use of configurable business rules throughout the process, connecting becomes more inline with a EDI stream of data.
In addition, all operational data can be retained and reported on from ingestion source, operators, scanners, quality control, data entry and more assuring a highly productive environment with complete chain of command understanding and built in security.
“As a business, we are very keen to expand our BPO offering across Europe even into growing economies such as Brazil. It is important to work with scanner technologies that are flexible and scalable, and perhaps most importantly, that integrate easily into our software solutions.” Director of BPO Operations, GLINTT Banking Solutions (Click here for more)
ibml's connectivity module "PostScan" can also format images and data then integrate directly into a wide range of systems, including:
- Line of business applications
- Data entry/automated data capture systems if not using ibml's
- Enterprise content management (ECM) systems
- Image and data archives
- Workflow/business process automation systems
How It Works
PostScan uses an DSN connection to communicate with an ibml Capture Suite populated SQL database. This allows the application to quickly and easily retrieve images and data from the image repository and database. Providing an even smoother integration, standardized "connectors" allow users to configure batches to be inserted directly into Kofax Capture, TIS eFlow and Captiva Capture.
- Combine groups of documents into non-searchable PDF files
- Combine groups of documents into a single multi-page TIFF file
- Automatically import images from watch folder
- Metadata used to apply business logic for processing batches
- XML output
- Image output based on color detection
- Automated document re-orientation
- Overlay of a virtual endorsement on a page
- Improve image quality by removing hole punches, borders, dog ears, unwanted lines, and noise reduction
- Drop out blank pages
- Text smoothing and the ability to auto binarize images
- The ability to keep original images prior to manipulating the images