Capture software is an excellent tool if your company scans and uploads paper documents. Instead of manually entering, photocopying and printing information, intelligent capture technology does the heavy lifting through automation.
You’ve likely experienced an influx in the sheer volume of incoming information in your company. Taking advantage of capture software helps you stay on top of this data, while adhering to industry-specific compliance regulations and successful document management.
Does My Company Need Intelligent Capture Software?
It’s not uncommon to waver on whether you should introduce new technology to your company. But if your organization has suffered from these common pitfalls of manual data entry, you might want to reconsider introducing capture software into your day-to-day practices:
- High operating costs
- Lack of efficiency
- Data inaccuracies and errors
- Delayed flow of information
Questions to Ask When Searching for Capture Software
Information is the lifeblood behind any successful organization, and you can’t afford to fall behind on data management. However, it’s important to remember that not all capture software solutions are the same. The key to selecting the right technology starts by taking a closer look at your business operations to determine exactly what you want the software to accomplish.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t sweat it. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- How does a solution ensure regulatory compliance? Whether it’s FINRA, Dodd-Frank, HIPAA or others, your company has an obligation to abide by federal regulations. The capture solution you choose should help you meet regulatory requirements, avoiding high non-compliance fines. Ultimately, technology should protect sensitive information, but make it simple for auditors to gain access when necessary.
- Does the capture software reduce the need for human intervention? Automation doesn’t always mean hands off. Some technology requires constant manual intervention of monitoring, which can still bog down your backend operations. Look for capture technology that requires as little manual intervention as possible, including data extraction. Fewer instances of manual data entry means fewer errors and information reentries.
- Can the capture solution work with legacy technology? The last thing you want is to invest in capture software that doesn’t play nice with your current system. Make sure you select a solution that easily integrates with legacy software to avoid surprises and expensive redundancies.
It’s Time for Capture Software That Makes a Difference
At ibml, we wanted to create a way for companies to better manage large volumes of incoming information. We developed a comprehensive, end-to-end capture solution that would do just that.
Meet SoftTrac Capture Suite.
SoftTrac’s powerful capabilities allow organizations to scan, classify and extract data from documents. Our intelligent capture technology integrates easily with existing company technology, automating multichannel inputs and standardizing scanning operations across your entire organization.
To learn more about SoftTrac Capture Suite and other capture software solutions from ibml, contact us today.